Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Talk about going GREEN! Ever wonder what it would be like if you could grow your own furniture?? Probably not...but wouldn't it be awesome?! Well now your dreams have come true. Artist Werner Aisslinger was curious about this idea and thought that he should put it to good use. He built a few models and finally came up with a fully functional prototype that does what it's supposed to. It takes a lot of patience but the end product is quite the conversation piece. The entire kit to make your own furniture contains everything you need (small greenhouse, lighting, dirt-box, water supplies, and framing) to make the garden gnome chair of your dreams. Who needs Ikea when you have good ol' Mother Nature.
Grow Your Own Furniture!!!
-Donato
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is really cool. Even if it doesn't become actually real it could still look good in a modern art museum.
ReplyDelete-Rosalie
This is amazing. If I had this I would be terrified of sitting on it. lol. Imagine a full garden of growable furniture.
ReplyDelete-Himmler
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteInteresting chair, but I wonder how comfortable it is. Anyway, it is always good to come up with new ways to go green.
ReplyDelete--Karla R.
Wow this seems like such an odd idea. The thought of growing my own furniture freaks me out. I think I'm going to stick to Ikea!
ReplyDelete-Danielle Cox