Nokia is developing a phone that will be water resistant, thanks to nanotechnology. Nanotechnology is the study of manipulating matter on a atomic or molecular scale. It is becoming an extremely useful technology that is appearing more and more in things that we use everyday. They got their idea from seeing how water drops form on a leaf but aren't absorbed due to the fact that a leaf is naturally water resistant. The people at Nokia are developing a "Superhydrophobic coating" that would be applied to the outside of the phone.
Now if your phone was submerged in water even this special coating wouldn't help because the water would still run into all the holes in the phone and ruin the electronics inside. But if its raining on your phone or you get sprayed by a sprinkler or an annoying friend with a water bottle, your phone will be protected once this technology hits the market.
Craig Juergens
I have always wondered why developers were taking so long with this one! There are watches for divers, why can't cell phones be waterproof? I'm really excited about this coming technology. I'm sure cell phone companies lose a lot of money having to replace cellphones dropped in pools, tubs, or toilets. Not only might this lower the cost of insurance but it will take one more hassle of the long list of possibilities. Great post!
ReplyDelete~ Tasha
I've actually know of cell phone that is waterproof. However, they are just simple phones just for calling. Basically just a simple flip phone.
ReplyDelete-Rosalie